Rajiv Gandhi Jan Seva Sanstha was established on 30th December 2000 in the fond memory of our beloved Late Prime Minister Shri Rajiv Gandhi to fulfil his dreams, to welfare the people of India. Its main motto is to work towards social welfare, poor people, provide better medical facilities, education, women welfare, protection of nature and wildlife.
It has been established by Shri Laxmi Lal Meghwal who is been a Social Worker for a very long time.
When our respected Congress(I) President Sonia Gandhi was known about the Sansthan, she expressed her gratitude and showered her blessings through theletter no. DO No. 435 dated 3rd May 2001.
After the establishement, NGO has been working throughly towards the Social Welfare and time by time it has been appreciated and motivated by the government, various renowned people such as Loksabha Speaker Smt. Meera Kumar, President of Indian Women Commission Ms. Girija Vyas, and Chief Minister of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot and other NGOs too. It has been helping the weaker section of India Society to overcome their problems.
It is working to provide better medical facility, education, food, employment and rights of equality to all the people.
Sansthan has earlier organized various programmes for the women and children and will be doing this in future as well. Various plans have been proposed for the old people which will be executed in future.
This NGO has been trying to help SCs and STs to overcome their problems.
Till now following works have been done by the RGJSS:
- Establishment of RG Hospitals and Research Centre.
- Tree Plantation Programme
- Free Computer Education
- Faciltiy of Drinking Water
- Consultation for medical facility for the Old People
- Ban on the usage of polythene
- Various Sports Competition
- Sewing Training was given to the women from SC & ST
- Distribution of food and fruits to the patients in M.B. Hospital, Udaipur
- Free distribution of Bags to the children of Government Schools
- Protection of wildlife
- Awareness programme regarding Development of Children
- Awareness regarding Ayurvedic Medical
- Free distribution of Books to the children of Govt. Schools
- Awareness regarding HIV
- Awareness regarding “Prime Minister Employement Programme”